Updated: 15 June 2020
ma cuisine pte. ltd. with a place of business at 38 craig road singapore 089676 ("we", "us", "our") are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our members and other users of our services. in order to provide the best possible service and experience, we will collect, use and disclose personal data about you, and this privacy notice ("notice") explains how and why we do so when you use the website www.macuisinesg.com ("website"), the ma cuisine 3.0 app ("app") or any of the services we offer accessible through the website or app or otherwise (collectively referred to as "services"). please read this notice carefully so you are aware of our practices regarding your personal data, before becoming a member or using any of our services.
2. what personal data do we collect and process about you?
our business ambition is to provide our members with an efficient, tailored and unique experience. when using our services we collect and process the following personal data (including, where applicable, sensitive personal data) about you. information is either collected directly from you or is automatically collected through your use of the services:
- identity information - name, address, gender, date of birth, personal contact details (including email address and telephone number), access to your calendar and/or itinerary and, if provided by you, photograph images. this information includes details you provide to us when you register to become a member, update your profile or preferences, subscribe to or use any of our services, search for a service within the app, make in-app purchases or share data via the app's interactive or social media function, or contact us to report a problem with one of the services. in the case of the latter, we will indicate whether providing certain data is mandatory and, if you do not provide such data, we may not be able to respond to your enquiry;
- technical information - which will include the ip address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform, and when using a mobile device the type of mobile device you use, unique mobile device identifiers (such as, ip address, imei number, the address of the device's wireless network interface, or mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, and time-zone settings;
- location information - geo-location data to determine your current location;
- background information - details about your interests and preferences, information about your family, friends and your travel/dining companions, and any feedback, questions or recommendations you provide, and details of other membership schemes you subscribe to such as frequent flyer numbers and loyalty scheme numbers; and
- special categories of personal data - details you provide us with your explicit consent, such as food allergies and health data.
we may receive information about you from other sources such as:
- our partners (who are organisations such as hotels, restaurants and luxury goods providers with whom we have a business relationship and whom we engage to fulfil the services provided to you);
- our enterprise clients (who are organisations with whom you have an existing relationship with and who may have referred our services to you, for example, your bank);
- through data gathered from your publicly-searchable social media and online activities, and your preferences through your use of our services;
- and from our third party service providers.
these are organisations who provide services to us, so that we can deliver our services to you, and may include our sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.
any information we collect may be combined with other information we collect from you.
if you provide us with information about other people (such as family members, friends and your chosen supplementary members), you confirm that you have their consent to provide us with that information. we use third party analytics tools, log files and other methods, and cookies on our website and app when you sign up to become a member via our website or app or you otherwise use our website or app, to collect usage and activity information and to distinguish you from other users of our services and for other purposes, including (with your consent, where required by applicable law) marketing purposes. cookies are small text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded and may be stored on any of your internet enabled devices. we will process cookies in accordance with our separate cookies policy which contains details of the types of cookies collected and the purpose for which we use them.
in order to use our services, you must provide us with the information requested on the member registration pages (except those preferences marked as voluntary), otherwise we will not be able to process your membership application or provide the full range of functionality of our services. you are able to set and disable certain in-app permissions via your device settings. our app does not recognise browser or device-level do-not-track requests.
3. how will your personal data be used?
your personal data will be used by us in connection with the following purposes:
for the performance of our agreement with you:
- to provide the services, including allowing us to make recommendations and reservations at restaurants and bars compatible with your dining and wine preferences and where you are staying, make recommendations and purchases and facilitate delivery of selected luxury products. the app may also (if enabled) allow you to communicate with other members of the app;
- to provide you with access to the content accessible through our services;
- to communicate with you and provide you with information about the services, and inform you of any changes to the services;
- to monitor your use of the services, in order for us to better understand your preferences and manage your relationship with us; and to respond to any queries or complaints that you raise.
for our legitimate commercial interests, in order:
- to review the services we provide to you, and carry out analytics and report on our engagement with you;
- to confirm, update and improve our membership records to maintain a quality, accurate and rich database;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our services and overall business (including by means of analysing your use of the services, which information we use to improve our services and to give you a better user experience (e.g., we analyse what web pages you visit, which services you use and like, how you use these services, which enables us to create personal profiles and to assess what may be interesting to you, which recommendations we can give you when you use our services (such based for example on your previous use of our services)). creating such personal profiles of our members and other users also enables us to send you marketing materials that directly relate to your use of our products and services, if you have chosen to receive such materials;
- to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our services;
- to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures;
- to enable us to merge, sell, acquire, or transfer assets; and
- for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
for use of information based on your consent, so that we can:
- keep you updated about our services, and the services provided by our partners, including tailored and customised content based on the information that we collect from you and direct marketing communications (see above); and
- we may use the above mentioned ‘special categories of personal data’ for the purposes set out in this notice but we will only do so after we have received your consent thereto.
to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject:
- if we are obliged to disclose information by reason of any law, regulation or court order and/or to protect our interests and legal rights.
if, at any time, you prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from us in any form, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by selecting a link provided at the bottom of every communication that is sent to you by us. alternatively you may update your settings via the app at any time, or you may contact us and we will deal with your request promptly.
4. automated profiling
in order to ensure the content displayed through our services is specifically customised for you, we will carry out profiling using automated processing to evaluate, analyse and predict your preferences, personality type and interests. we will use personal data collected from you directly, or through the use of the services to complete automated profiling in order to communicate and highlight the types of services which may be of interest to you, relative to your previous choices and current location. automated profiling is a critical feature of the services, and is necessary in order for us to deliver the services to you and provide you with tailored services.
5. who will have access to your personal data?
in order to provide you with a seamless experience, we will share your personal data with the following persons:
- our affiliates (see "our affiliates" below): for the purpose of managing and administering our business and to provide you with the services including information which might be of interest to you;
- our partners: who require the information in order to facilitate the services to you. we will only share your personal data with our partners to the extent they are required for our partners to facilitate the services to you (e.g. we may share your address with a partner so that they can deliver products you have purchased through our services to you);
- our enterprise clients: for the purpose of improving their existing relationship with you;
- entities who may or do acquire any rights in us: for the purpose of a business sale or re-organisation;
- our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts: for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- third party service providers: who need to know the information in order to provide us with services so that we might provide the services to you. this may include our third party service providers who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including email distribution, data storage, provide information technology and marketing services, customer services and for data analytics;
- law enforcement and government and regulatory bodies: in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or court order; and
6. your california privacy rights
california residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. you may make one request per calendar year. in your request, please attest to the fact that you are a california resident and provide a current california address for your response. you may request this information in writing by contacting our data protection officer. please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
7. where will we store your personal data?
the data we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, locations in and outside of singapore, and so may be transferred to and stored outside of, your country of residence. it will also be processed by our personnel and the employees of our partners, clients and third party service providers, who operate outside of singapore. these persons may also be engaged in order to provide the services to you, including fulfilling requests, confirming reservations or processing your payment details. your personal data will only be transferred to locations outside of singapore where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection equivalent to those in singapore are in place to protect any personal data held in that location.
8. how do we keep your personal data secure?
we take your data security very seriously.
for users outside the us: we have reasonable technical and organisational security measures in place and invest appropriate resources to protect your personal data from deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying and modification. we take reasonable steps to ensure that our systems, and those of our affiliates, partners, clients and third party service providers, are appropriately secure for processing your personal data, and that the risks of your personal data being unlawfully used, amended, deleted, lost or stolen are minimised. we ensure that we have in place appropriate contractual agreements with third parties to ensure adequate safeguards are in place, and that such third parties will act at all times in compliance with applicable personal data protection laws.
for users in the us: we have implemented security measures to protect your personal data from deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying and modification.
9. for how long do we keep your personal data?
we take steps to periodically review the information we collect, and we will destroy or anonymise any personal data if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out in this notice) or otherwise after you cease to be member or cease using your account, or longer if required for any other legal purposes.
10. changes to this notice
we may amend this notice from time to time. thereafter every time you use our services, please read and check this notice to ensure you are aware of the conditions which apply at that time. in case we make significant changes to this notice, we will inform you thereof.
11. your rights, further information and to contact us
- you may have the right under applicable data privacy laws to request access to personal data we hold about you and information about how we have used that data (including, where applicable under applicable laws, the legal basis); to correct any errors or omissions in your personal data; to rectification; to erasure; to object against profiling; and to data portability.
- you may also have the right under applicable data privacy laws to withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or more generally to our processing of your personal data, at any time;
- however, you may be unable to access some of the features of our services if you entirely withdraw your consent to the terms of this notice. due to the nature of the app, you will be unable to access any of the features of the app if you entirely withdraw your consent to the terms of this notice.
to make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data , or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact our data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to our address set out above.
terms & conditions
in these terms and conditions (the ‘conditions’), ‘ma cuisine' shall mean ma cuisine pte. ltd. and ‘you’ shall mean a person who has become a ma cuisine member by accepting these conditions after being deemed eligible for membership by ma cuisine (the ‘membership’). please read these conditions carefully before accepting them. by accepting these conditions, you acknowledge, accept and agree to be bound by them, and you also confirm that you are 18 years old or over. these conditions may be updated by ma cuisine from time to time, without any prior notice.
ma cuisine shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that you enjoy the products and services offered by us and/or our partners under the membership. in this regard, we extend to you the warranties offered by our partners, relating to any products and services listed on the app. ma cuisine has a reasonable efforts obligation in everything we do. we trust you understand. save for the mandatory warranties provided by consumer laws, ma cuisine disclaims all warranties as to product condition and quality.
prices are subject to change without prior notice and all orders are subject to ma cuisine' acceptance at our sole discretion and subject to availability. we are legally bound to refrain from selling alcoholic beverages to minors. if the order includes alcoholic beverages or any other age-restricted items, please ensure that a person of legal age with appropriate identification is present to take delivery of such alcoholic beverages and/or other age-restricted items. otherwise, the delivery shall be withdrawn.
it is your responsibility to check the condition of any products received, at the time of delivery. in the event of breakage or damage to any packaging, you are advised to reject the products at that time and/or make a note on the delivery slip stating the extent of the breakage or damage, to let us know that you noted the breakage or damage at the time of delivery. claims, including but not limited to cancellation, return or replacement requests, (‘claims’) without any note on the delivery slip may be refused by ma cuisine and our partners at our sole discretion.
in case of any comments or complaints, please lodge them on the ma cuisine in-app live chat, or by email (email@example.com) as soon as possible, and in any case not exceeding 24 hours after delivery. please do not contact our partners directly in relation to the products. these conditions do not purport to take away and you remain entitled to your mandatory consumer rights at law. ma cuisine may refuse to process late claims if you do not lodge a claim in accordance with these conditions. depending on the situation, ma cuisine may, at our sole discretion, offer you a replacement, discount, refund or an account credit to be used for a later purchase.
title all risks in ordered products shall pass to you upon delivery but ma cuisine shall retain title in the products until full payment has been received.
return policy we reserve the right of final decision and interpretation in the case of any dispute, including any dispute relating to product condition and quality, and may reject any claim at our sole discretion. no claims we will not accept any claims relating to:
- (a) wines, spirits with vintages of more than 20 years, and port and madeira with vintages of more than 30 years;
- (b) opened, damaged or broken alcoholic beverage products, save for alcoholic beverage products noted as opened, damaged or broken at the time of delivery; and
- (c) products which have been in your possession for more than 90 days.
gourmet we will only accept claims for gourmet products that do not fit their description on the ma cuisine app, are unfit for consumption and/or are of unsatisfactory quality. for the avoidance of doubt, we will not entertain any claim arising from any change of mind or individual food preferences.
restaurant & by¬-appointment bookings any cancellation should be made at least 24 hours before your reservation time. all bookings will be kept for 15 minutes past your reservation time. ma cuisine reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of sgd 100 per booking for no¬shows and for any cancellation made less than 24 hours before your reservation time. any cancellation fee will be charged to the credit card registered with your ma cuisine membership.
ma cuisine reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the price of treatment(s) booked for any cancellation made less than 24 hours but at least 12 hours before your reservation time, and 100% of the price of treatment booked for no-shows and for any cancellation made less than 12 hours before your reservation time.
any cancellation fee will be charged to the credit card registered with your ma cuisine membership.
ma cuisine shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance caused by or resulting from acts of god, fire, flood, accident, riot, war, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labour difficulties, equipment failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of ma cuisine and/or our partners.
we accept all major credit cards.
all membership, product and service prices are listed in local currency, unless otherwise stated. a limited period free trial membership may be offered at ma cuisine' discretion. no refunds of membership fees shall be given. ma cuisine reserves the right to change these payment terms without prior notice.
all gst and delivery fees are already included in the total price of the membership. no additional order fees will be charged.
membership cancellation and termination
you may terminate your membership prior to expiry of the then-current membership payment period by giving not less than seven (7) days' notice to ma cuisine.
if ma cuisine’ or any of its partners' performance of any of its obligations under these conditions is prevented or delayed by any act or omission by you, including without limitation any abuse by you of the service, or failure by you to perform any relevant obligation (‘member default’):
- (a) ma cuisine shall without limiting its other rights or remedies have the right to suspend performance of its services or obligations under these conditions until you remedy such member default, and to rely on such member default to relieve it from the performance of any of its obligations to the extent the member default prevents or delays ma cuisine’ performance of any of its obligations;
- (b) where a member default persists, ma cuisine shall not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by you arising directly or indirectly from ma cuisine’ failure or delay to perform any of its obligations; and
- (c) you shall reimburse ma cuisine, on written request, for any costs or losses incurred by ma cuisine arising directly or indirectly from the member default;
notwithstanding the foregoing, ma cuisine may terminate your membership at its sole discretion on any ground at any time upon reasonable notice.
law and jurisdiction
these conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with laws of singapore. any claim or dispute will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the singapore courts, to which ma cuisine and you hereby submit.
ma cuisine may revise these conditions at any time without prior notice. in the event of any dispute relating to these conditions, ma cuisine’ determination shall be final.
cookie & identifier policy
what are cookies?
cookies we use and purposes
cookies are used for a variety of purposes. for example, they enable visitors to use our shopping services, they calculate web or app statistics, provide online advertising and they improve visitors’ experience on our platforms. as your privacy is important to us, we would like to inform you about which cookies are used on our platforms, as well as why we use them.
we may use the following cookies on our platforms:
- functional cookies: these cookies are essential in order to ensure that our platform operates properly. they are used to save preferences, detect misuse of our platform and services and to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps our platform available. certain services you requested cannot be provided without these cookies.
- web statistics cookies: these cookies are used to determine which parts of our platform visitors are most interested in. this enables us to make the structure, navigation, and content of our platform as user-friendly as possible. specifically, these cookies are used to (i) keep track of the number of visitors to our platform; (ii) keep track of the amount of time each user spends on our platform; (iii) determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages or parts of our platform; (iv) assess which parts of the platform need to be changed; and (v) optimise the platform. software from third parties (google analytics and optimizely) may be used for these purposes. google analytics uses "performance cookies" to analyze how you use the platform. the information generated by the cookie about your use of the platform (including your ip address) will be transmitted to and stored by google on servers in the united states, a country that does not offer an equivalent level of protection of privacy to that applicable in the european union. this platform uses google analytics with the expansion 'anonymizeip()'; therefore, only abbreviated ip addresses will be further processed so that a direct connection to the individual user is eliminated. your ip address will be shortened beforehand by google (i.e. the last octet of the ip address will be anonymized) within member states of the european union or in other signatory states of the treaty on the european economic area. only in exceptional cases will the full ip address be transmitted to a google server in the united states and shortened there. google will use this information on behalf of the platform operator for the purpose of evaluating your use of the platform, compiling reports on platform activity, and providing other services to platform operators relating to platform activity and internet usage. google will not associate the ip address transmitted under google analytics by your browser with other data held by google. you may prevent the use of google analytics by disabling cookies in the browser's set up screen. you may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software. you may prevent google from recording the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to your use of the platform (including your ip address), or processing these data by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in available through google at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- advertising cookies: our platforms may also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect data, such as your device id, over time and across unaffiliated websites or applications for use in interest-based advertising. for example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the website(s) or application(s) to target online ads for our products and services to you on third party websites or applications. in addition, our third-party advertising partners might use information about your use of the services or platform to help target third-party advertisements based on your online behaviour in general. we or our third-party service providers also may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, computers, and tvs) for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. these third parties may match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household. this means that information about your activity on websites or applications on your current browser or device may be combined with information collected from your other browsers or devices.
- other cookies: this category includes cookies that do not fit into one of the above cookie categories.
how to manage cookies
if you do not want our platform to store cookies on your computer or mobile device, you can change your browser or device settings. you can adjust your setting so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. another option is to adjust your settings so that your browser or device refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies.
please be aware that if you do not want to accept any cookies, we cannot guarantee that our platform will function properly. it may be that several functions will be unavailable to you or that you will even be unable to view certain parts of the platform.
please note that you will have to change your settings for each browser and device you use. the procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser, or from device to device. if necessary, use the help function on your browser.
there are also software products available that can manage cookies for you.
changes to the policy
contact and queries
if you have any questions about the cookies used on our platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the nature of your query.